As a user experience designer I work collaboratively with designers, developers and business analysts to develop user experience solutions in an agile project delivery. I usually solve complex problems by applying methodical thinking, logic and pragmatism. And I am continuously challenged to established thinking while championing new ideas to stakeholders in the business. I am expected to infuse rigor into everything I touch to ensure it is comprehensive.
One day in a day-to-day basis as user experience designer involves:
- Helping project management teams to organise the agile delivery of interdependent projects.
- Planning workstreams for UX designers in delivery teams and overseeing their work to provide feedback and direction.
- Working with other senior UX designers to codevelop strategic omnichannel proposals and roadmaps for their delivery.
- Liaising and collaborating with all delivery team disciplines (business analysts, product owners, designers, developers).
- Presenting design solutions to delivery teams and wider groups of business stakeholders.
- Customer research and profiling.
- Helping to identify and document business requirements.
- Production of UX deliverables such as flows, IA diagrams, wireframes and prototyping.
- Heuristic evaluations and competitive analysis.
- Preparing and conducting user research and usability tests.
My personal profile as a user experience designer includes:
- Leading a UX delivery team, working across platforms in an agile or iterative process.
- Deep understanding of best practice UX approaches and how to apply them.
- Engaging and building relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Working with cross-functional teams effectively in everyday tasks.
- Experience the development e-commerce experiences across different connected devices.
- A familiarity and appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of a range of technologies.
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
- Knowledge of motion design as well as visual/interactive/interface design trends.
- Use of Axure, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq Mockups, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.